Tick tock is a world famous app that is used by millions of people all over the world. The new method of creating short videos through this platform has attracted a lot of viewers. People can use creativity and try new ways to create the most innovative videos in the app. Users can tell their stories in just 15 seconds.
Even so, the app takes up a huge size, and that’s why TikTok has developed a Lite version that supports most of the similar functions with reduced volume. With TikTok lite, you can create cool videos in no time with fun and experience just like in the original application.
With that said, the lite version of TikTok has some of its own merits. Let’s see some of its features and find out what makes it a great alternative to the original app.
Features of TikTok Lite
Personalized video feed – As a platform that studies a wide variety of videos from around the world and their abundance, there should be a proper sorting that suits your tastes. TikTok lite addresses this problem by taking your viewing habits into account and only showing videos that you want to see. So you can be on the app’s home screen and find videos from your favorite genre without having to search for them.
Free Music – There is a plethora of free music available on TikTok lite to add to your videos. There are different playlists that offer you a variety of music. By adding music to the videos, you can add a new dimension to your videos. In addition, you can use audio clips to create lip-synced videos and mimick your favorite artists.
Video stylization – There are several things you can do to make your video more exciting and cooler. You can use various filters that appear in the app to give the video a modified look. You can also vary the speed of the video to create different types of effects.
Here are some important functions of the application. Now let’s take a quick look at the benefits of using TikTok Lite.
Reduced size – The Lite version is always smaller compared to the original version, and that goes for TikTok Lite as well. The application only takes up about 30MB of storage space compared to TikTok which takes up about 75MB of storage space. So if you are low on storage space, be sure to download this version of the app.
Work at low speed – One of the advantages of using TikTok Lite is that it doesn’t require high internet speeds. It’s designed to work at 3G speed too.
- It takes up less space.
- It can work at low internet speed.
- It offers a viewing experience similar to that of the official app.
- Fewer functions when creating videos.
Installation of TikTok Lite on the PC
TikTok Lite can also work on the PC, but not directly as software, but via a suitable and stable emulator. In this regard, BlueStacks and Nox are two of the best options.
1. The first steps include downloading BlueStacks on your PC. To do that, Visit the BlueStacks official website and start the download.
2. Once downloaded, open the file and start installing the BlueStacks software on your PC. Wait a while for the installation to complete.
3. When you are finished with the installation, open the software. On the home screen, click the Play Store app.
4. Now enter the name of TikTok Lite in the search field and the application will be displayed.
5. Click on it and install the app.
1. Just like with Bluestacks, you need to download the Nox emulator on your PC first. Go to the Nox official website and there you will find the download button to start the download.
2. Start the download and wait for a while.
3. When it’s over, open the downloaded file and install the software.
4. After the installation, start the Nox player. On the screen, you can see a PlayStore app that’s built in just like Bluestacks. Open it.
5. Search for the TikTok Lite by typing it in the search box. Once found, click the download button and it will be added.
If you don’t want to install the app from the Playstore, you can download the APK file and then manually add it to the emulator.
1. What is the main difference between TikTok and TikTok Lite?
The display area of both apps is similar. The difference is in the creation section. In TikTok Lite, you have limited resources for creating your video, while TikTok has more of them.
2. Does TikTok Lite consume less battery and data compared to TikTok?
Yes. Since the app is designed for low internet speeds, it uses comparatively less data. Similarly, the battery consumption is low as some functions are shortened.
3. Is it worth it to download TikTok lite?
If you are the type of person who wants to save internet data and just want to watch videos then this is definitely for you.
While TikTok Lite has no features when compared to TikTok, there is no reason why it cannot serve as a good replacement for people with low internet speeds and storage space. The core functions are also there for a lite version, so there isn’t much of a difference. You won’t be disappointed even if you switch to a lite version of the app.
Also read: How to edit videos with the VLLO app