Do you have your old Android devices such as your HTC Touch, Nokia or LG at home and want to do a DIY monitoring? Then it would be helpful if you thought about the old cell phones you have. A lot is an app that allows you to create a security camera for your home.
Your Android device can be used as surveillance. You will then be given another Android device to download the app on for viewing. In this article, we’re going to talk more about the Manything app, its features, how to set it up, and how to manage it.
What is Manything App for PC
Manything App is a free app that can be used to switch your Android devices to security cameras. The app harnesses the power of your device’s microphone and camera to create a DIY camera. You can then use another Android device to configure and view everything in the app.
It’s not as sophisticated as many security apps out there, but it’s a hassle-free, straightforward way to keep your home safe. Whether you want to keep an eye on your kids or pets, the Manything app is a great option for you.
Must Read: How to Set Up Eyeplus on Your Computer or Laptop
How to use the Manything app
As mentioned earlier, you need an Android device to use this app that will allow you to use the camera. If you want to use more than one camera, these two must be Android devices. Download the app on each of the tools you need to use for the camera and set it up in the places you want your security cameras to be.
The next thing you need to do is find another Android device that should be active and download the app on the phone. You will also need to register in the app via your Facebook account or send your email address and password on each of the devices on which you have installed the Manything app for PC. Also, remember to connect to the internet or WIFI for live recordings or live recordings of events.
After installation and registration, you will be greeted with a welcome message and links to important information such as tutorials and FAQs. The app has two buttons, namely the viewer and the camera. You tap the Viewer button when the app is in your viewing app on your active device. The camera button, on the other hand, is pressed on the devices that are used as surveillance cameras.
TIP: If you leave your device on for continuous recording, your device may become warm. If your Android devices sit for too long while overheating, they may shut down and stop live recording. In such a case, what do you do to prevent your device from overheating? You need to plug your device directly into a power source. You must also protect the device from direct sunlight or from warmer areas. Keep the recording devices in cool places while recording.
Lots of apps for PC functions
This app has some of the best features a great monitoring app should have. Below are some of the features that the app has.
- With the monthly subscription to the Manything app, your recorded videos are automatically saved in the cloud and thus kept safe.
- Manything app will signal you when motion is detected. You will get some alerts from your viewer app when motion is detected on your camera devices.
- You can watch live video from your phone as long as the camera devices are connected to the internet or WIFI. You can watch live streams from anywhere, anytime.
- You can also remotely connect or disconnect your cameras at home with your Manything app.
- The bi-directional communication feature allows you to talk to people at home using your Manything app.
- Easy Process to Set Up – Unlike most surveillance apps, the Manything app is very easy to set up if a beginner can do it without much confusion.
How much does Manything cost?
Manything gives you a free subscription that requires you to use a camera with a live stream. The app also offers other subscriptions based on the number of cameras to be used up to five cameras. There are two day subscription options, seven day subscription and also a monthly subscription.
Download and use the Manything app for PC
As mentioned earlier, the application is designed to work on Android devices. However, you can use an emulator to download the app on your PC. Below are the steps you need to take to download the app on your PC.
- Download and install Nox emulator on your pc.
- After you need to sign in to your Google Account or Gmail Account to access the Google Play Store.
- After accessing the Play Store app, you need to look for the Manything app in the search area. Once you find them, you can install them on your PC.
- Have fun using the app on a bigger screen.