Are you a sound artist or a music composer? No matter what you are, when you play with different music setups, Logic Pro X is one of the best applications for you to take your music arrangements to the pro.
Logic Pro X was developed by Apple and can only be used on Mac OS. However, there are a few tricks and tips to help you install it on a Windows PC. Yes! You have a hard time right. Logic Pro X can also be installed on your Windows PC. Read this article to the end for know-how.
- 1 What is Logic Pro X?
- 2 What can you do with Logic Pro X?
- 3 How do I install Logic Pro X on a Windows PC?
What is Logic Pro X?
The Logic Pro X. is a digital audio workstation where you can experiment with beats and sounds to compose new music for you. It was developed by Apple and runs on Mac OS. The cost for this application on the Apple App Store is $ 199. Logic Pro X is so simple and easy to use that beginners can master it in a short amount of time.
Recording and editing audio files with a number of premium tools can be done with Logic Pro X. One good thing to mention here is that Logic Pro X has a lot of plugins that add rich functionality to the application. All you have to do is download the plugins and install them on Logic Pro X.
What can you do with Logic Pro X?
Logic Pro X is a package of premium tools for editing the audio and composing the music. Here are some of the main features of this application:
- It supports more than 770 musical instruments.
- Best for creating Mashups & Bass Boosted Remixes.
- You get access to over 2500 sound effects.
- AMP will help you set up your own escort.
- The time and tempo of each recording can be adjusted.
How do I install Logic Pro X on a Windows PC?
There is currently no Apple-developed Windows version of Logic X Pro. To use Logic Pro X on your Windows PC, you must install Mac OS on your PC using Virtual Box. This is not so hard. Just follow these simple steps:
»Download Mac OS High Sierra
Follow these simple steps to download Mac OS High Sierra. Let’s go:
1. Click this link too Download the Mac Os High Sierra. You can download from other sources too, just make sure your file includes one .vmdk Extension.
2. After downloading the file, you need to extract it so that you can install it on the virtual machine.
»Download your virtual box and set it up
You have now downloaded and extracted Mac OS. Now you need to set up your virtual box so that you can install Mac OS on it. Just follow these simple steps to learn how to set up a virtual box on a Windows PC. Let’s begin:
- Before you start setting the virtual box on your Windows device, you need to do this Activate PC virtualization from your BIOS settings.
- Now download the latest version of Virtual Box on your pc.
- After downloading the setup file, click on it.
Click the “Next” button until the end.
»Setting the virtual box
Here are the steps to help you set up the virtual box on your Windows PC.
1. First you have to create a new machine on the virtual box.
2. You will be given options to name your computer, upload the configuration file, and select the RAM size.
3. You must select the “Use an existing virtual disk file” option and then left click on the “File” icon.
4. Click the Add icon in the top left of the screen.
5. Now you have to select the Mac OS file with the extension .vmdk and upload it.
6. Click the Select button. This will bring up a new tab with the Create option at the bottom. Click the “Create” button.
These are the final steps to assist you in editing your virtual machine to make it MAc compliant. Let us begin:
1. Click Mac OS in the left sidebar to make additional changes.
2. After clicking Mac OS, there are certain changes you need to make to the settings. Three different tabs are displayed in the settings window. We will configure them one by one.
3. On the Motherboard tab you need to “Deselect the Floppy & Network Option”And choose Select Chipset as ICH9.
4. On the Processor tab you have to “Set the processor to 2“.
5. Go to the sidebar and click View and set the video memory to <128. Then click OK.
»Adding code to the virtual machine via the command prompt (CMD)
Now you need to add code to your virtual machine using CMD. Here are the simple steps to do this:
1. Open CMD with the start button and click on “Execute as administrator“.
After opening CMD you need to use the specified code list individually. Replace “Virtual machine”With your machine name.
cd “C: Program Files Oracle VirtualBox “
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm “Virtual Machine” –cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff
VBoxManage setextradata “Virtual machine” “VBoxInternal / Devices / efi / 0 / Config / DmiSystemProduct” “iMac11,3”
VBoxManage setextradata “Virtual machine” “VBoxInternal / Devices / efi / 0 / Config / DmiSystemVersion” “1.0”
VBoxManage setextradata “Virtual machine” “VBoxInternal / Devices / efi / 0 / Config / DmiBoardProduct” “Iloveapple”
VBoxManage setextradata “Virtual machine” “VBoxInternal / Devices / smc / 0 / Config / DeviceKey”
2. VBoxManage set extra data “Virtual machine” “VBoxInternal / Devices / smc / 0 / Config / GetKeyFromRealSMC” 1
3. After running these codes on your PC, your virtual machine is ready to use. Now you can go back to your virtual box and hit start.
4. A black indicator will appear on your screen with certain codes as it will take some time to start.
5. Now you have to follow the normal MAC instructions like setting up country, language and keyboard and you are good to go
6. After you have agreed to all license agreements, you can create your login information.
7. Your Max Os has now been successfully installed. Now you have to navigate to the App Store and the “Logic Pro X.“.
Professional sound artists trust Logic Pro X very much for their work. If you are also a beginner looking for a career in composing music, Logic Pro X is the best application for you. Don’t worry, if you don’t have a MAC, you can run it on Windows using this guide.
I did my best to include all of the steps so that you would not have any difficulty running Logic Pro X on your Windows PC. In case you’re still having problems installing Mac OS on your PC, you can certainly let us know in the comments section. I will guide you safely.
You May Also Like: Download YMusic for PC – Windows 10, 8, 7