EyesPie is generally a Design It Yourself home security system that technically turns your old smartphone into a kind Security Camera that you can monitor with another phone. Not only do you monitor the view from the camera, but you also hear sounds. You can monitor your home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and automatically identify the devices connected to your WIFI system thanks to the WIFI support. When connected to the Internet, you can access the camera from anywhere in the world.
Equipped with motion detection with on-demand monitoring, EyesPie can record every detected movement and notify you if necessary. It also comes with an off-screen feature that allows you to monitor guys without disturbing them. There is also a zoom function which is pretty cool.
Worried about how safe EyesPie is? Well, the app doesn’t ask for the user’s email address, phone number, or any other personally identifiable information. In addition, the information about the devices that can access your device is not stored on servers, but locally. A device that requests a connection will always be rejected if you haven’t added it. If you remove a device from the app, it will no longer have access to your phone.
Similar reading: Get the XMEYE app for Windows PC and Mac
When setting up, the EyesPie app first gives your device a name. This is the name that various devices are associated with. These names are usually unique and registered on the servers. You need an internet connection for this. As mentioned earlier, you need to add device names under which you have granted access to your phone for security reasons. Below are the steps to do this:
- First give your device a name
- Second, give your other device a name
- Then add your second device to your first device and your first device to your second device.
- Finally, tap on the device name you just added to connect.
You need to subscribe to the motion detection feature in this app as it will send you notifications as soon as motion is detected. It only warns you when it continuously detects movement for a period of time. This in turn prevents false detections that could have been caused by birds. It records locally when motion is detected. There are three simple steps you need to take to set up motion detection.
- Subscribe to a monthly plan
- There is a motion detection button that you tap to select the devices that the alerts will be sent to.
- Finally, hold your phone still for about 5 seconds to activate motion detection.
After receiving a motion alert, all you need to do is tap the notification to connect to the device and show you a live feed.
Some of the fantastic features of the EyesPie app are:
Two-way video + audio talk. This means that you can have a video along with the audio. This makes using this app as a CCTV better than a standalone camera. This can be useful as you can tell a burglar that he is being monitored and forcing him to escape.
- Zoom and pan. You can pinch to zoom in or out on specific areas.
- Remote shooting. You can record both audio and video with this app.
- Web view. This means that you can access your mobile video surveillance with any browser. All you have to do is scan a QR code.
- HD video. It offers a high quality video feed
- It cannot be hacked as the device information is stored locally.
EyesPie isn’t just limited to smartphones. You can also install it on your PC and monitor everything that is going on in your house when you are away. However, since it is an Android app, you must first install an emulator on your PC in order for Android apps to run on your computer. BlueStacks App Player is the most used emulator. You can now install both EyesPie for Windows and EyesPie for Mac.
If you want to download and install EyesPie for PC, do the following:
- First of all, you need to download the BlueStacks app and install it on your PC. You can get it from theirs Download website.
- Launch the BlueStacks app on your PC once the installation process is complete. Then click the “My App” button and search for EyesPie.
- The search results are displayed. Install it.
- You need to sign in to your Google account before you can download apps from Google Play using BlueStacks.
- As soon as you are logged in, the installation process begins.
Also check: The best 5 remote and video surveillance apps for PC