VPN (Virtual Private Networks) are applications that offer secure Internet connections via private servers in different locations. They provide a secure channel in which all data between the device and the remote servers is heavily encrypted and therefore not easily accessible to hackers or stalkers.
OLOW VPN is one of the applications that provide the above service on Android devices. The app has some impressive features as listed below;
OLOW VPN functions
• Protect user privacy and protect them from tracking
• Allow access to websites with geographic restrictions
• Unlimited speed and bandwidth
• Does not require registration
• Works on both rooted and non-rooted devices
• Click on Connections
This is clearly one of the must-have uses out there. However, OLOW VPN is only available for Android devices. This causes a lot of people to wonder how to use this app on computers running Windows or Mac operating systems. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to run OLOW VPN on a PC.
• Computer (with Windows XP or higher) or MacBook
• At least 2 GB of RAM and 4 GB of internal storage
• Updated graphics drivers
• Reliable internet connection
Installation takes place in two steps
1. Install the BlueStacks App Player
2. Install OLOW VPN on BlueStacks
1. Install BlueStacks App Player on the computer
BlueStacks is a Windows and Mac application that creates an Android platform that can run Android applications on a computer. How to install it on the computer;
• Visit https://www.bluestacks.com.
• Tap “Download BlueStacks” to save the BlueStacks setup file.
• Wait for the file (470 MB) to download. (The download time varies depending on your internet speed connection).
• When the download is complete, navigate to the folder in which the setup file is located
• Run it with administrator rights and accept the terms and conditions.
• Then start the BlueStacks app player.
After the BlueStacks player is installed and running on your computer, you can move on to the next step.
2. Install OLOW VPN on BlueStacks
There are two ways you can install the OLOW VPN app on BlueStacks.
A. Using the Google Play Store
B. Using the apk file from third party sources
Use the Google Play Store
• Start the Bluestacks App Player.
• Click on the Shop / Play Store symbol in the upper right corner of the homepage.
• You will be asked to sign in with a Google account, enter valid account information, and go to the Play Store.
• Click the Search tab and enter OLOW VPN.
• Click on the first result. It appears as OLOW VPN.
• Click on Install. The app will be automatically downloaded and installed on BlueStacks.
• To use the app, navigate to the BlueStacks homepage and click on OLOW VPN.
• Click the round icon in the upper left corner to display the server list.
• Select the preferred server to connect to.
• viola! You can use OLOW VPN.
Using apk files from third party sources
Sometimes you may prefer to avoid the game store for various reasons.
– You don’t have a Google account or you don’t want to use it on BlueStacks.
– You want to avoid Google Billing Services.
– You already have the APK file either from a third party website or a backup from an Android device.
– You want to install a modified version of the application.
How to install the app from local storage
• Navigate to the folder where the APK file is located.
• Double click on the APK file and the BlueStacks App Player will automatically detect and install the OLOW VPN.
• Alternatively, you can right-click the file to open the options menu, click Open With and select BlueStacks to continue.
• The other and by far the easiest option is to pull the OLOW VPN Apk, drop it on the BlueStacks homepage and wait for the installation.
• After the installation, start the app and you can now enjoy its services on the PC.
Advantages of OLOW VPN
• It’s Free – OLOW VPN doesn’t require the user to pay to access its servers.
• Different Servers – OLOW VPN has different servers from different countries for you to choose from.
• Unlimited speed – With OLOW VPN you can surf at almost full speed. Almost because there is a loss of a few bytes due to connections, but it is hardly noticeable. The app recommends the best server in percent so you can easily choose the fastest.
Cons of OLOW VPN
• It contains advertisements. However, it is a small price to pay when you get reliable services.
Follow the steps outlined above and OLOW VPN will run efficiently on your Windows or Mac PC.
Also check out: FREE VPN – Invisible Online App for PC